DIY Costume Accessories for Kids


My daughter loves to dress up and when it comes to Halloween it's no exception. 

We have a Halloween dress up day before trick or treating night, which is also a good excuse to try on other costumes in her closet for sizing, just incase she changes her mind and wants to wear something else.

But not all the pieces needed have survived the costume cupboard so sometimes in order to complete a costume, I have to be creative and make some of my own accessories.

Click on the links below to be taken to the instruction pages to make these cute accessories.
 I have created 6 different ideas for your childs dress up costume box, and to give you inspiration to make a cute matching costume head piece yourself for your own little one.


GET INSPIRED ! 
BE A PRINCESS  
DIY JULIET PRINCESS CROWN
My daughter has a super sweet princess costume dress but only had tiaras to match. 
I thought it would be a cute idea to make a simple Juliet princess hat with pink and white roses on purple fabric to match her dress. 
Click HERE for instructions.



BE MINNINE.MOUSE
DIY MINNINE / MICKEY EARS
My daughter loves Disney and anything Minnie Mouse. So when I took my family on Holidays last year to Disneyland California I knew we would end up with quite a few Ears before going home.
The great thing about this, is that they are really well made, great quality ears and perfect for reproducing the correct sized ear template.
Click HERE for instructions on how to make your own Minnie Ears.



BE A CUTE WITCH 
DIY SPOOKY CUTE HAT
My daughter had this cute witch dress but the hat that came with it was all bent and didn't sit flat on the brim properly anymore so it was time to make a new one.
 It was super simple and easy to make and all you need are a few items.
Click HERE for instructions on how to make your own Witches Hat.



KITTY CAT
DIY EASY KITTY EARS
My daughter has a cute Bat dress  with wings but she likes to take them off and wear her cat tail with this dress so i decided to make her some Kitty ears to match her dress.
Click HERE for the instructions on how to make your own.



TOP HAT CANDY WITCH
DIY POINTED TOP HAT FASTENER
This costume originally started out as a Halloween pirate but my daughter didn't like that and wanted to be a witch
 So as to not do the typical pointed witches hat I thought I would try something different.
This is a top hat with a pointed front to give the impression of a witches hat.
It's really easy to make and all you need are a few simple items.
Click HERE for instructions.


BE A SPIDER QUEEN
DIY EASY SPOOKY HEADBAND
This is a super cute costume and is even cuter with a matching Spider Queen head accessory. 
All you need are a few simple items to make this easy DIY Spider Queen beauty
Click HERE for instructions.



I hope you have been inspired to create your own cute little costume accesories for your kids. 

These homemade pieces were cheap to make, easy to create and magical when worn.
Take your kids on an adventure and let them imagine being something else with your own costume creations.

Happy crafting !

KJ   xoxox

No comments

Post a Comment