Modern Dollhouse Renovations - Top Landing / Study



After starting this top floor, middle room landing five weeks ago, I've been neglecting it, so in order for this room to be complete I needed to finish the top landing rails.


Originally starting out as a lime green, maroon carpeted room, with limited space, I decided to create a study.


I had wallpapered this amazing wrapping paper onto the wall, creating the first room in the house, and giving it the feel for the rest.



Tropical boho was my inspiration for the house after putting this paper up, and i went from there.



I made a cute knitted rug for the space from some left over wool and a basic study table which would go into the corner from cardboard and paddlepop sticks.


I made a cute flag banner from string and tape and used an old compact mirror for the wall.


I inherited the chair with the original house, which I spray painted grey, along with the computer, printer, guitar and tablet on the table.



I also inherited the large wall unit with the original house which just fitted in.



It has a ringing phone and lights up, but was cream, pink and purple so i sprayed it aqua, the same as the living room unit.



I put a tv cabinet which was the last piece that came with the Barbie living pack, (see living room post) next the wall unit.



On this, i placed a vintage retro Barbie tv which was pink originally, that i painted black and it looks great, apart from the picture on the screen with a kid, a weird stuffed peguin and a word that reads "pleasure"?? Very strange lol.. So i will be changing that later 😉

Now not only do the dolls have a study, but they now have a second living area too.



I added a mini chalkboard which was $2 from the local discount shop, along with some chalk for those Barbie masterpieces.


I added a few more inspirational posters above the tv unit using paddle pop sticks and thin ribbon for the hangers, sticking them into the wall with super thin tape.

I made the lounge from some grey tweed fabric, a wooden frame upholstered in foam and fabric.

I used the throw in the Barbie living pack which came with the beanbag in bedroom #2 on this couch.



I added a cute pillow which came with the house to finish off the couch.



I finished the room off by making another mini rug to go under the study desk



I also made a quick paddle pop stick shelf and a few more posters.



I loved the way the study turned out !



The landing made out of popsicle sticks looks great too.

For the moment they are held into place quite good, however after christmas I may just change these to something different.



Last but not least, before the stairwell can be complete I have to create a laundry.

If you remember my Master Bedroom post, i mentioned I would be using the space on the 2nd floor landing under the stairs for this, and created two sub walls for it.

Now it's time to finish the laundry room, so I can finish lighting the stairs and show everyone the complete house reveal.

The laundry begins !

KJ   xoxo

No comments

Post a Comment