Modern Dollhouse Renovations - Laundry Room


The last room in the house is an important one, and i created a space in the house specifically for this.

After inheriting an amazing working
Washing / dryer machine that actually tumbles, I had to put it in the house.

I decided to keep it the original colour and only painted a few things this time.



I loved the look of the glitter wall in the bathroom and bedroom 2, so I decided to use a gold sheet of it to wallpaper this room too, to give it some sparkle and Shine because no one wants to feel drab while doing the laundry !

I used some mini pegs and created a clothes line which I put a scrap of fabric on.

 I also accidently put a drop of glue on the foam, which ate the glitter next to the clothes line but oh well it gives it character.


I inherited an ironing board and iron which were both pink.

These were the only two pieces I painted, using the same grey chalk paint which I had used previously in the kitchen.


I put a poster under the stairs above the machine to bring some colour.


I made the mini shelving units from toothpicks and some thin perspex.


I ran some more pictures along the stairwell to finish off the room.


The floor was covered in white contact sheeting and divided the rooms by using some popsicle sticks for a skirting, complete with a non slip rug for the laundry and a doily rug for the landing.


Last but not least a small plastic tub for pet washing and/or clothes was put next to the machine.



Now with the laundry being finished, the only thing left are the stairs and the before and after reveal for my girl on Christmas day !!!

I can't believe this house is going to be ready in time !

It's amazing I pulled it off with the amount of time I had.

But i won't be doing that to myself again and will be leaving plenty of time for my next project !

KJ   xoxox


No comments

Post a Comment