Dollhouse Renovations - Staircase and Middle Landing


The original stairwell in the house had steps that were too far apart to look realistic.



But rather than making new ones I used the original ones and added more steps in between each of the original slots.


This created a unique look, with the original paint on the stairs and the balsa wood, giving it a nice two tone step pattern.


I liked the look of this and left it as is, giving the bottom stairwell a white and wood look, with the top stairs being a light blue and wood colour.


I finished off the middle floor landing with some purple glitter foam to match the laundry and created the bannister rail from more paddle pop sticks


The landing was finished off with some tropical fabric I had for a feature wall, and some white contact sheet flooring to match the laundry.


I ran a long strip of tube lighting down the length of the staircase on both floors, which gives them a soft glowing effect when the other lights are not on.


The rails along the stairs where created using more paddlepop sticks, which I meticuosly glued into place.

The final thing to do on the house after this massive reno, is to finish off the roof shingles before the big day tomorrow. 

If they don't get finished at least I have started, and I have a loft space up there for a whole new project

I might make this space into a massive wardrobe to store all of her doll shoes and clothes.


I had had a great time working on this house and now the stairs are in and complete.... I feel great !

I can't wait to see the look on my daughter's face when she sees this !

KJ  xoxox 

No comments

Post a Comment