Freddy Frazbear DIY costume









When my my son had a recent school event which he had to dress up as a faviourite character of his choice, of course he asked me to make him something awesome.

So after much thinking he told me because he is a gamer (he is 9) and lovesloved to play all types of games he wanted to go as a character from one of them.

I had already made him a sonic and Mario costume which are some of his fave games, so he decided this time he wanted to be Freddy Frazbear from Five Nights at Freddy's !!

Yes thats right a bear !!! Now all I had to do was figure out how to make one.

I did a little Google research and found an amazing costume artist who has some really easy to follow step by step you tube tutorials, and this helped me beyond words. If I hadn't of watched this video I don't think it would have turned out so well.

If you would like to make your own Freddy costume I recommend a watch Click here

But if you want a sneak peak of my quick 1 day make, keep reading below.

So in the original tutorial, a garden pot was used  a template for the base of the mask but because the ones I had were too thick to cut perfect holes with a knife i decided to use something a bit thinner.... a $2 plastic bin from a cheap store. I also picked up the other supplies I needed there as well, a $2 car sponge  (which is used for his nose), and some strong tape.




You will also need some fabric for head (I used Brown fur i already had), some black felt for his hat and some thin foam for his eyes and bottom of chin.



The make was pretty simple once I measure my son's eyes when he had the bin on. It took about 6 hours total to make which involved lots of interruptions from my kids 🙃

After making the mask base i used some foam to make the nose covered in black fabric and used wool for his underside and whisker diy features.



It was a fun and easy little project to make I don't know why I was so worried it was going to fail, but it turned out great.



Most importantly my son loved it and so did all of his friends as well !!



Wonder what his next request will be.
I'm actually looking forward to it now !


Happy crafting

KJ  xoxo

No comments

Post a Comment